Monday, July 8, 2013

My Siminel Cake

The Easter Cake in Summer


The original idea was to make this cake over Easter however my wife robbed my marzipan so I could not make the cake.  So I trotted off to the shop and got some more marzipan some months later..

 The balls was the hardest part you had to grill them under the grill to get that authentic brown look.

 When I cut into the cake it seemed OK, considering this was my first attempt.

 Seeing the golden balls from a different angle, I guess the perspective is still the same hmm.
 My first cut of the cake, I suppose it was that ritual you go through.













There's always something nice about getting up close and personal with your cake.  Can't quite put my finger on it, but the relationship between cake and camera is something special.


Those golden balls..!











No comments:

Post a Comment